CHF Scientific Review Committee
The AKC Canine Health Foundation Scientific Review Committee is made up of veterinarians, medical doctors, researchers and canine health experts. These individuals are dedicated to the Foundation's mission and volunteer many hours throughout the year.
The Scientific Review Committee is responsible for the general oversight and stewardship of the scientific program of the AKC Canine Health Foundation. The Committee's goals are:
- To ensure that approved projects support the mission of the Foundation and are of the highest possible quality research.
- To establish a portfolio of grants that will most effectively impact the health of all dogs.
- To provide recommendations and scientific expertise to the CHF Board of Directors in determining new avenues of research and directions to best utilize the grant funds available.
Scientific Review Committee Members
- Mary O. Smith, BVM&S, PhD, DACVIM - Chairman
- Laura Liscum, PhD - Vice Chairman
- A. Duane Butherus, PhD
- Deirdre Chiaramonte, DVM, DACVIM, CCRT, CVA
- N. Matthew Ellinwood, DVM, PhD
- Jason W. Gagné, DVM, DACVN
- J. Charles Garvin, MD, FACS
- Milan Hess, DVM, DACT
- Brian Holub, DVM
- Rhonda Hovan
- Jerry Klein, DVM
- Harvey Mohrenweiser, PhD
- Jane G. Owens, DVM, PhD, DACVCP
- April Paulman, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Ingrid Sarelius, PhD
- Jamie Young, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Help Future Generations of Dogs
Participate in canine health research by providing samples or by enrolling in a clinical trial. Samples are needed from healthy dogs and dogs affected by specific diseases.