Senior Dog Health and Wellness Research Program Area RFP
Due Date: June 1, 2015
Senior dogs currently make up roughly 40% of the patient population in veterinary practices and have unique health concerns. The AKC Canine Health Foundation seeks to fund research that will stimulate novel approaches to senior dog healthcare.
Grants are requested for the following topics:
- Relationship between ‘inflammaging’ and gastrointestinal health or cognitive function in senior dogs
- Use of rehabilitation to preserve cognitive function in older dogs
- Factors responsible for systemic aging
- Pilot data to support the value of a longitudinal study to enhance or prevent age-related degenerative disease; Mitral Valve Disease is of particular interest
- Pain, Analgesia, and Anesthesia in senior dogs
Funding limit $12,000 + 8% indirects. Both pilot projects and full projects that can be completed within the budget will be accepted.
Please read an open letter to applicants concerning changes to our grant process from previous cycles.
Help Future Generations of Dogs
Participate in canine health research by providing samples or by enrolling in a clinical trial. Samples are needed from healthy dogs and dogs affected by specific diseases.