Acorn Funding Opportunities
Small Grants for Quick Results
Acorns, one type of grant offered through the AKC Canine Health Foundation, are awarded for $15,000 or less (including 8% indirect costs).
The Acorn program is designed to allow researchers to complete small, relatively short time frame projects, test research hypotheses, and/or generate preliminary data for possible future grant proposals as larger scale or longer term studies. Payments for Acorn grants are made upon the start of the grant and at six-month intervals consistent with progress report requirements until ncompletion. The final payment is dependent on the timely submission and approval of a final progress report and final financials.
Guidelines for Acorn Application
- Learn about the Foundation's mission and priorities before you begin.
- Take note of previously funded CHF Grants
- Be sure you are not applying for Items Ineligible for Funding
- Carefully read the specific RFP that is most appropriate for your grant application
- Carefully read the Acorn Application Instructions
- Read the Notice for Genetic Researchers and Notice for Oncology Researchers
Help Future Generations of Dogs
Participate in canine health research by providing samples or by enrolling in a clinical trial. Samples are needed from healthy dogs and dogs affected by specific diseases.